Friday, May 27, 2011

My Love of Food

I think that my love of food started when I was a kid. Since it is Friday today I will talk about a Friday night ritual in my family. My parents divorced when I was four, so when my mom and I moved back to Florida I found myself spending time with my aunt, uncle, and two cousins I really did not know. At first we lived with them for a bit until my mom could find a place to live for us. On Friday nights, it was the 'no cook' night. So, the kids (all three of us) had to get together and agree on what we wanted for dinner.

Since 90% of the time, more than one kid can not agree on anything it took some doing! We could choose from pizza, Mc Donalds, Browns chicken, etc... But we all had to agree. For me, I was not the picky eater here, that was my cousin Tyson. Usually most of the time, we did agree but there were a few times that I was fearful that we would not be eating dinner!!

I also claimed Fridays as 'no cook' days when I had my kids. And for the most part they did agree on what they wanted. Although sometimes, the adults did  not want what the kids wanted! If that was the case, then I would make exceptions to the you both have to agree rule, as long as it was within reasonable amount of distance. There were times where my ex and I wanted Taco Bell, so the kids could choose what they wanted and they pretty much were good about agreeing with each other.

So, since today is Friday and still a 'no cook' day in this house, I am thinking pizza tonight for me. I love pizza.  Still working on the recipe from scratch though. Have not been experimenting a lot lately. But I have some free time and might try to do it again. I love Friday nights because they are so full of possibilities food wise for me. Sometimes I go out and lately staying in has been nice. Just chilling with a good movie and good food. I love Fridays. So, tell me, how do you spend your Friday nights?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is on the menu today?